Networld Media Group was one of the first major business-to-business publishers to exist wholly in the online world. With focuses on such diverse industries as ATM, retail, mobile payments, self-service technology and the major foodservice verticals, we offer employees a wide variety of opportunities to participate and thrive in today's changing media marketplace.
This is a part-time (20-30 hours weekly) position with some travel. Ideal candidate will be a strongly detail-oriented person who enjoys working with people (i.e. is outgoing and personable) and putting on exciting, world-class live events.
The event manager will:
- Work with the VP of events on the planning and logistics of three live events each year (interact with hotels/caterers, AV providers, etc.; site selection; room set-up; etc.)
- Interact with our event sponsors to execute the terms of their contract (for instance, updating the event website with sponsor info as new sponsors join)
In addition to our three events, this person would also be responsible for the company's trade-show booth, including shipping, travel, set-up/tear-down, and working the booth at several shows per year.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work in a high-energy environment
- Ambition, a strong work ethic, and an openness to new ideas
This is an entry-level position, so recent college graduates and those looking to get their foot in the door with serious growth potential are encouraged to apply. Though this is a part-time position, it may turn into full-time as the company grows and adds new events.
Send resumes to James Bickers, email@example.com.
Date Posted: May 29, 2013
Online Video Producer (full time)
Networld Media Group is looking for a video producer to help our editors showcase their work to our increasingly video-hungry audiences. From doing the basic production of webcam-based interviews, to creating green-screen-based news roundups and working with on-location tradeshow coverage, the video wizard will have a wide range of opportunities to employ creativity and skill to help hundreds of thousands of potential viewers understand their industries better.
What you’ll do:
- Develop various small-studio productions with editors
- Schedule and produce online-video interviews and chats, such as with Skype and Google Hangouts
- Conduct field-based video production, which involves interacting with clients and operating all portable video and audio equipment, often in the context of a tradeshow
- Plan and perform video post-production tasks, which includes reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, and editing using video editing software
- Create graphics to make use of green screen shots
- Use computer graphics and special effects
- Post completed videos to various sites and social-media channels, using social media skills to ensure maximum exposure for the work
- Creatively plan and translate abstract concepts into effective visual form
- Work with clients and talent to be comfortable in front of the camera
Desired skills & experience:
- Meets deadlines. Period.
- Manages multiple priorities with ease
- Is a good sport
- Knows how to do everything and use everything entailed above
The position is based in our Louisville, Ky. headquarters.
Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume.
To be considered: Your resume needs to include links to your work, and your subject line must have ONLINE VIDEO PRODUCER as its subject line.